Using vinyl truck lettering to add your business name, location, contact details, and website address to your truck is a great way to create a visual message for your current and potential customers. It is a cost-effective method of creating brand awareness and virtually a driving billboard for your business. Vinyl truck lettering outranks pretty much other advertising methods for Return on Investment. Your brand also gets noticed whether parked or on the road 24/7/365. Let us look at the meaning of vinyl truck lettering and what makes it so great.
- What is vinyl lettering?
- Types of vinyl lettering
- How to install vinyl lettering
- How long does vinyl truck lettering last?
- Caring for your truck vinyl lettering
- Benefits of vinyl lettering
WHAT IS VINYL LETTERING?
Vinyl lettering is individually cut characters and numbers from premium quality, durable metallic or colored vinyl. The lettering is self-adhesive and applied simultaneously with an application tape layer to hold them in place. These allow the self-adhesive lettering to be easily installed on your truck, creating a clean and professional look.
Vinyl lettering works great on cars, vans, jeeps, buses, commercial vehicles, motorcycles, bikes, RVs, tractors, and many more. It also works well on windows, painted surfaces, and other areas of vehicle parts.
TYPES OF VINYL LETTERING
The right type of material for vinyl lettering depends on how and where it is used. While some materials are unique and expensive, with extremely short lifespans, others are simple, inexpensive, and last longer. There are different types of vinyl lettering materials available in the market today. They are vibrant colored, high-performance, and weatherproof materials designed for multi-purpose needs and applications. They include the following:
- High-Performance Cast Vinyl
- Intermediate Vinyl Graphics
- Glow in the Dark Vinyl
- Fluorescent Vinyl Letters
- Simulated Metal Looking Vinyl Letters
- Special Effects Vinyl Letters
High-Performance Cast Vinyl
They are the best solution for graphics that require extreme durability. High-performance cast vinyl is used on highly exposed areas like storefronts, trucks, boats, and road signs. They are highly conformable and suitable for long-term applications. They also have a pressure-sensitive and removable adhesive backing for easy installation.
Intermediate Vinyl Graphics
Intermediate vinyl is a calendered vinyl ideal for short-term use signage, banners, and temporary outdoor signs. These vinyl are less durable than the high-performance cast and prone to shrinkage.
Glow in the Dark Vinyl
The glow-in-the-dark vinyl lettering is an ideal option for advertising your business and creating brand awareness in dark walkways. They are also known for their aesthetics, novelty value, and more surface noise because of the phosphorus used in their manufacturing process.
Fluorescent Vinyl Letters
Fluorescent vinyl is an intense, luminous, and attractive vinyl that needs specific ink to get its effect. But exposure to UV rays can wash out the fluorescent pigment on this vinyl material, making them useful only for short-term promotional purposes.
Simulated Metal Looking Vinyl Letters
These are metalized polyester film that resembles the appearance of metal. Simulated metal-looking vinyl letters are attractive and one of the best for vinyl lettering purposes. But they only last for six to twelve months when placed outdoor.
Special Effects Vinyl Letters
Special effects vinyl letters are eye-catching vinyl film that includes holographic, mirror, mosaic, and multi-lens effects. But their special effects deteriorate in about six to twelve months when placed outdoor.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT VINYL LETTERING
- Vinyl truck lettering is one of the most cost-effective means of advertising for many small and startup businesses.
- They can last for eight to nine years on trucks, making them a long-lasting mode of advertising your business.
- Vinyl truck lettering can be full-color printing on vinyl and lasts around 4-5 years, depending on sun exposure.
- They are removable, making it easy for a business that leases trucks. It also makes updating new logos, products, and phone numbers easy.
- There is perforated vinyl lettering for windows. These cover your truck window while allowing you to see through it.
- Vinyl truck lettering creates a great branding opportunity and makes your crew on the road look professional.
- Affordable signs and graphics can complete the lettering process for your truck on time.
- Our team will have your truck lettering decals ready to be applied according to your preference.
HOW LONG DOES VINYL LETTERING LAST?
Vinyl truck lettering is built to last for three to five years. But, the expensive types last up to eight years. However, the uses and location can affect their lifespan. While some surfaces are more prone to damage, others are more durable for vinyl lettering. Using simple colors or digitally printed vinyl also impacts their lifespan. Depending on their manufacturer, simple colors tend to last between 5 to 7 years. They can also withstand rain, sunshine, and most things in between. Furthermore, high-performance polymeric vinyl tends to last longer outdoors. But, it is essential to ask your manufacturer.
HOW TO INSTALL VINYL LETTERING
- Clean the surface and remove the tape.
- Lift the lettering and cut away the top section of the backing paper
- Make a hinge for the sign you want to apply.
- Apply squeegee with light pressure on the vinyl from the top center in horizontal strokes.
- Place the lettering accurately on the surface and apply more pressure.
- Leave for 10 minutes.
- Remove any air bubbles by puncturing the bubble at one edge with a pin.
- Squeegee the trapped air towards and out of the puncture.
- Remove the backing.
BENEFITS OF VINYL LETTERING
Branding is one of the most critical aspects of all businesses, and effective branding requires simple and catchy vinyl truck lettering. They are cost-effective, grab customers’ attention and promote brands clearly, and efficiently. Here are other benefits of vinyl truck lettering.
- Vehicle Lettering Features
- Easy to install
- Versatile and affordable
- Mobilize your business message
- Showcase your storefront
- Attracts potential customers
- Customizable and replaceable
- Last longer and waterproof
CARING FOR YOUR VINYL LETTERING
Taking care of your vinyl truck lettering is paramount for longevity and cleanliness. Using a heavy-duty power washer on your vinyl truck lettering can make the lettering rise at the corners. Therefore, use water, damp soap, and a non-abrasive cloth to clean your vinyl truck lettering.
Vinyl truck lettering is the perfect way to display your marketing message. They are perfect for indoor or outdoor use and can withstand the sun, heavy rain, and wind without fading or cracking.
Affordable signs and graphics specialize in designing and creating the highest quality, eye-catching custom vinyl lettering. We use a variety of colors, fonts, and sizes for your custom vinyl lettering project. These make your truck attractive and have a highly professional look. The personalized vinyl truck lettering services we offer have a mix of durability and technical brilliance for all your business and personal needs.